- This event has passed.
December 15, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
UC Press editors will offer insight into the academic book publishing process. The presentation will include: choosing the right publisher; preparing a book proposal; how the peer review and Editorial Committee process works; revising your manuscript; and working with publishers to promote your book.
The session is intended to be interactive and questions are welcome.
Following the presentation, we will host breakout rooms with editors based on field interests. This is also an opportunity to connect with faculty and graduate students who share similar intellectual interests. When you sign up, please select a breakout room. If your area is not represented in the breakout session, please let us know your specialization.
• Raina Polivka, Editor, UC Press
• Kate Marshall, Editor, UC Press
• Archna Patel, Associate Editor, UC Press
• Beth Digeser, Professor, History, UCSB and Chair, UC Press Editorial Committee
• Raina Polivka, Editor, UC Press (Music, Cinema, Media Studies)
• Niels Hooper, Executive Editor, UC Press (History, American Studies, Middle East Studies)
• Kate Marshall, Editor, UC Press (Anthropology, Food Studies, Latin American Studies)
• Archna Patel, Associate Editor, UC Press (Art History)
• Reed Malcolm, Executive Editor, UC Press (Asian Studies, Open Access)
Sponsored by University of California Press and the UC Collaborative of Humanities Centers and Institutes