The Interdisciplinary Humanities Center provides limited funding to cosponsor campus events during the academic year; such events can include academic conferences, symposia, and visits by humanistic scholars or artists. Individual faculty members, departments, programs, and centers in the humanities, arts, and humanistic social sciences are eligible to apply. Cosponsored events should be open to the public and of interest to faculty and students from a number of disciplines. Information on cosponsored events will be included in the IHC online calendar and weekly email the week of the event, and the IHC will promote cosponsored event social media posts on its channels. The IHC will not produce flyers for cosponsored events.
Requests for cosponsorship should include:
- a description of the event: for a visiting lecturer, this should include a c.v. or resume, and for conferences or symposia, this should include a tentative program.
- a list of groups on campus that would be interested in the event.
- the amount of funding requested: the minimum support is “in kind” publicity support and the maximum request is $400.
- if requesting financial support, a detailed budget for the event (please use this budget if you need a template)
- a list of all other funding sources (tentative or firmly committed). Normally, evidence of firm commitment of funding from two separate academic units is required prior to the awarding of IHC funds.
Applications should be emailed to IHC Associate Director Erin Nerstad: email@example.com.
There are no deadlines; requests are reviewed as submitted. No retroactive funding is permitted.
Cosponsored amounts typically range from “in kind” publicity support to $400. Normally, they will not exceed the contribution of the event’s main sponsor or half of the overall budget.
For further information about IHC cosponsorship, please contact IHC Associate Director Erin Nerstad.