Collaborative Research Grants
Awards will be made to support collaborative projects. Eligible projects include conferences at UCSB or in the Santa Barbara area; collaborative research or instructional projects by faculty in one or more departments/programs; and initiatives to bring visiting scholars and arts practitioners to campus for collaborative research or teaching (where appropriate such scholars may be appointed Visiting Fellows of the IHC). Award amounts up to $3000.
A complete application should include:
• a cover sheet (download form)
• a project description (5 pages, double spaced, see instructions below)
• a preliminary budget that includes some indication of co-sponsorship by departments (briefly explain any budget items that are not self-explanatory; the IHC does not fund equipment costs)
• a brief curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum) of the principal investigator
Project Description Guidelines:
The project description should:
• state the objectives, ideas, and methodology of the project
• discuss the project’s significance and originality with reference to current scholarship and/or arts practice
• explain the nature of the collaboration and how it will advance knowledge and scholarship in the field of study
• state the particular expertise and potential contribution of each participant
• specify the interdisciplinary scope of the project
• include a timetable and work plan, specifying project activities in the proposed award period
• define the project’s target audience(s) and the form(s) in which the research will eventually be disseminated (e.g. book, article, art exhibit, performance etc)
There are two rounds of competition each year; deadlines are November 15 and April 15. Applications are due no later than 5:00pm on the deadline date. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications are due the first business day following the deadline.
Please complete the online form below. Then send all required application materials as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email within one business day.
For further information, contact Emily Zinn at email@example.com
To view past collaborative research grantees, click here.