Agenda: Dissertation Workshop 3
Boardroom," Upham Hotel
1404 De la Vina Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Prof. Adriana Johnson, UC Irvine
- Prof. Sudipta Sen, UC Davis
Friday, September 26, 2008
4:00-4:10 Introduction and Tea
4:10-4:40 Christopher Sanchez, English, University of California, Los Angeles
- Project Title: "Representing the Crowd: The Politics of the Peopled Multitude in England, 1790s-1840s"
5:40-6:10 Teresa Moulin, Hispanic Studies, UC Riverside
- Project Title: "Alternative Logics: Brazil's Hip-Hop Movement's Take On Race, Media and the Market"
Saturday, September 27, 2008
9:30-10:00am Michael Cucher, English, USC
- Project Title: "Riding with the Legacy of Emiliano Zapata: the Production of Revolution, Counter Revolution and Everyday Life in the Americas"
11:15-11:45 Chau Kelly, History, UC Davis
- Project Title: "When Food is Not Enough: Development, Resistance, and Health in Southeastern Tanzania, 1940-1990"
2:00-2:30 Alysia Garrison, English, UC Davis
- Project Title: "Inscrutable Life: Occult Modernity
and Literary Form in the Black and Green Atlantic"
3:45-4:15 Lindsay Puente, Comparative Lit, UC Irvine
- Project Title: "Locating Slavery in the Modern National Imaginary: The Legacy of Haiti"
5:15-5:30 Concluding Comments