The IHC can assist faculty in preparing their proposals and developing their project narratives. In addition IHC can help you:
- Determine the best fit between your research idea and existing funding opportunities
- Provide editing assistance through the development and revision of your proposal narrative
- Interpret agency guidelines
- Formulate budgets and create budget spreadsheets
- Ensure applications are compliant with UC and governmental regulations
- Create text for standard proposal sections (e.g. resources and facilities, budget justification)
- Provide sample successful proposals (when available)
- Serve as liaison with Development Office for foundation grant opportunities
- Assist in forming multi-disciplinary, interdisciplinary and multi investigator teams, by identifying potential collaborators from UCSB and other institutions, and facilitating preliminary meetings. We can assist in coordinating proposal writing and project budgeting among multiple investigators, departments and institutions.
For information about our assistance with research design and proposal development contact Associate Director of Research Development for the Humanities, Fine Arts, and Education, Brandon Fastman (firstname.lastname@example.org). For assistance with proposal submission, contact IHC Contracts and Grants Coordinator, Eliza Braendel (email@example.com).