The Interdisciplinary Humanities Center provides limited funding to cosponsor campus events during the academic year; such events can include academic conferences, symposia, and visits by humanistic scholars or artists. Individual faculty members, departments, programs, and centers in the humanities, arts, and humanistic social sciences are eligible to apply. Cosponsored events should be open to the public and of interest to faculty and students from a number of disciplines. Due to UC regulations, the IHC cannot fund honoraria to visitors from other UC campuses. Information on cosponsored events will be posted on the IHC website and will appear in our weekly email digest, but no assistance in publicity through fliers will be provided because of limited staff time.
Requests for cosponsorship should include:
- a description of the event: for a visiting lecturer, this should include a c.v. or resume, and for conferences or symposia, this should include a tentative program.
- a list of groups on campus that would be interested in the event.
- the amount of funding requested ($100-400).
- a total budget for the event.
- a list of all other funding sources (tentative or firmly committed). Normally, evidence of firm commitment of funding from two separate academic units is required prior to the awarding of IHC funds.
Applications should be emailed to IHC Associate Director Emily Zinn: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no deadlines; requests are reviewed as submitted. No retroactive funding is permitted.
Co-sponsored amounts typically range from $100-$400. Normally, they will not exceed the contribution of the event’s main sponsor or half of the overall budget.
For further information about IHC cosponsorship, please contact IHC Associate Director Emily Zinn.